Vault Consulting, LLC is seeking full-time Staff Accountants to join our Outsourced Accounting Consulting practice. Our practice includes a group of experienced accounting professionals who provide outsourced accounting and financial consulting services to the not-for-profit marketplace ranging from charitable foundations to membership associations. While headquartered in Reston, VA, due to the consultative nature of our work and the location of our clients, our accounting services teams often provide on-site support to organizations in metropolitan Washington, DC and immediate suburbs in Arlington and Alexandria.
We are recruiting entry level Staff Accountants to begin post- graduation. Candidates with one to two years of experience will also be considered. Ideal candidates will be accounting majors who are prepared to become CPAs. Finance majors planning to become CPA eligible will also be considered. Candidates should possess a high degree of technical competency and the ability to work equally independently and as part of a team. Problem solvers, self-starters and highly organized individuals will flourish in this position. This position could include some general accounting consulting and special project work as well.
As a Staff Accountant for Vault, you will be a key member of our consulting team, supplying functional input to our diverse client-base. Specific duties will vary based on client needs and profile.
• Transactional accounting responsibilities for multiple outsourced accounting client engagements
• Accounts payable and cash receipts function
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Assisting engagement supervisor with production and review of monthly financial statements
• Preparation of audit support schedules
• Communication with client on engagement matters
• Interface with external auditors, external vendors and banking/finance institutions as needed
As a member of the Vault team, you will bring to bear your valuable skills and experience to help us continue growing our team and market.
• Providing training and guidance to less senior team members, including interns and externs, to assist them in building their skills
• Participate in training and development programs
• Leverage business development opportunities as they’re presented
• Participate in the recruiting and interview process when needed
• Accounting degree
• Eligibility to sit for the CPA (150 hours)
• Passionate about, and committed to, providing quality client service and guidance
• Superior Excel skills and ability to learn accounting software quickly
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Pro-active, self-motivated, entrepreneurial
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Experience providing client service on multiple client engagements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
With acumen and foresight, we advance client missions. Vault provides full-service outsourced accounting and research programs for associations, nonprofits and their affiliates (corporations). With technique and vision, we uncover truths to hit targets.
The name Vault represents assurance, expertise and a commitment to provide partners with steadfast support, secure handling of sensitive information and the resourceful counsel necessary to transform information into action.
At Vault, we are unapologetic about our high standards. Our consultants are one of a kind—demonstrating deep specialized expertise and unmatched loyalty to our firm, our clients and the not-for-profit market.
Our practice groups include, Outsourced Accounting – CFO and general accounting services, general ledger maintenance and transactional support, internal control and process reviews, and nonprofit expertise; Survey Research – industry market reports, benchmarking studies, member needs assessments, and advocacy surveys; Primary Market Research – Quantitative and Qualitative Studies, Traditional and Emerging Market Research, Domestic and Global.
Working at Vault is a well-rounded and fulfilling experience. You’ll never see our consultants in a rut or unchallenged. We enjoy stimulating work, an entrepreneurial environment and frequent interaction with diverse client partners. Aside from the work itself, Vault makes quality of life a top priority for our employees. Our collegial culture, professional development opportunities and robust benefits packages are all reasons why we boast an unrivaled staff retention rate.
In addition to a competitive compensation structure, our benefits include:
• Participation in our yearly performance bonus plan
• Participation in our 401 (k) plan
• Five weeks paid leave
• Additional paid holidays
• Nearly 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums
• Participation in firm retreat and many other firm activities
To be considered a candidate, please apply through your campus recruiting software by the applicant deadline and also directly at https://apply.vaultconsulting.com.
Vault Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.